Saturday, April 14, 2018

 

So naughty I am!

My Mum Rosie had this 'thing' about Christmas Decorations, they mustn't be taken down until the 12th Night which is the 6th of January, Rosie followed this dictum for as long as I can remember.

Here is our Family story for these strict rules!

The year was 1955 when Mama, my lovely grandmother Eileen, took down the families Christmas decorations before the 6th of January,  while doing this... she fell off the ladder and broke her arm!   Then on the 22nd of January Poppa, my beautiful Grandfather Harrie died of a heart attack.   

I did follow Rosie's rules for many years... then after a few years I got so fed up with the decorations I would take them down as soon as I could. 

But only last week...  I saw this in the corner of our sitting room!   it's April now and these Christmas Decorations haven't been put away.  I have to admit to noticing them before but thought I'd put them away later... 'later' took a long time to happen.

We were away over Christmas so that's my excuse.....    But all done and dusted now!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?