Wednesday, May 08, 2024

 

Every time I make my Parmesan and Vegemite Crisps I think of a couple of young Americans lads.

I've been making these crisps for about 50 years or so and they always go down well with family and visitors... but Americans??  

One thing Americans are sure to say is that they hate Vegemite!  


Way back in the early1980's we headed to Queensland in our Albion Double Decker Bus for a holiday with our children.  At Burleigh Heads we met a couple of young American chaps camping near us, they were seeing Australia, our kids made friends with Chris and Tony and we spent time chatting and enjoying the beach with them... then one of these lads said that they hated Vegemite!    

Our children of course asked me if I could bake my Crisps... which I did... then while we were all enjoying these Crisps our children jumped up and said... you're eating Vegemite, you're eating Vegemite... Chris and Tony stopped eating then had to admit that they did after all enjoy Vegemite!

Here we are up at Burleigh, on the left are Tomos and Nerys, then Tony and Heather a friend of ours then Briony lying on the grass reading a book next our friend Neill and Sally in their Campervan and David.  

A month or so after we'd returned to Sydney Chris and Tony joined us and slept in the Loft of our Garage for a couple of weeks ... one of the first things they asked was...

Do you have any of your Vegemite Crisps please!!   YAY!  


 

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?