Monday, October 23, 2023

 

Just Horrible! I'm so devastated and sad and angry with that new washing machine we have!

 I've always managed to do a gentle woollen wash over the many years I've used washing machines but... these two new jumpers that I've knitted for myself this year are now just rubbish!  Grrrrrrrrr!  So angry, how did this happen???  Not me it must be the new washing machine that has a Woollens wash!


Although?????  these three were in that wash together along with my bucket hat but... the vest on the right didn't shrink as badly as the two on the left which are now unwearable for me but maybe a small Grandie might be able to wear them... Grrrrrrrrr!  

The beautiful wools on the left are described as 60% Wool, 20% Alpaca, 5% Silk, 15% Neps!  What are Neps???  

Okay I looked Neps up... (Neps are best described as dense, tangled clumps of short fibres of the fleece.)

I do so love the wools from these two, so soft and lovely to knit but...  😢

Here is the only photo I have enjoying my lovely soft knitted cardie! 


Labels:


Comments:
Oh no that’s so sad. I dread putting some items in the washing machine because of shrinkage too. All that good work ruined.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?