Saturday, July 29, 2023

 

Photo a Day Challenge - 29.7.2023 - My fav word...

 This is a tricky one...  I think I have to say my favourite word and a word I'm well known for has to be...

Poopootoshirley

The Story.

My Great Aunt Nancy aka Aunty Cranky, travelled the world a lot during the mid 1950's to early 1960's, she sent many postcards which you can see here...  Postcards from Aunty Cranky.  When she returned home she had so many wonderful stories that I could never get enough of and the one I've never forgotten is when Cranky and my cousin Sue were on the top deck of a double decker bus going down Regent Street in London and they saw a young large woman skipping along and lifting up her skirt up over her head while singing 'PoopootoShirley' 'PoopootoShirley' 'PoopootoShirley'.   We will never know who Shirley was but maybe she was this young woman's Carer?

Nancy and Sue.


Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?