Monday, August 01, 2022
Photo a Day Challenge - 1.8.2022 - I am...
Very proudly related to my First and Second Fleet families on my mothers side.
John Cobcroft was involved in Highway Robbery with some of his friends and was sent to Australia on the second fleet. Sarah Smith, his girlfriend came free they had 10 children and married in their late 70's.Richard William was their oldest child, he married Mary Ann Cross who's father John aka James Cross stole a 'Wether' (a castrated male sheep) and was sent to Australia on the 'Alexander' in the First Fleet.
John Rodd and this three sons arrived in Sydney on the 'Castle Forbes' on the 16th of April 1822, his wife had died and his family wanted him to go into the church... so to Australia he escaped. I am related to the youngest of John's three sons.
So... I am Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi...
Labels: 8/2022PAD, Cobcroft Family, Rodd Family


