Sunday, June 26, 2022

 

PAD June is 'Grateful Month' 26.6.2022 - How wonderful was my Great Aunt Carol who taught me to knit when I was just 5 years old.

The first thing I knitted with Carol's guidance was a jumper for my Teddy, I had it for many years but when I was in my teens, moths got to it and Rosie threw it out 😞  I have been knitting ever since and have many photos of jumpers I've knitted for family and friends over those years but the jumpers I will show you today are an Aran pattern I bought in 1967, with Tony Bonner as the model, the first one I knitted was for David when he headed overseas in late 1967... I also knitted his pattern for my self and several other family members, 9 times I've knitted this pattern!  Wow!  I wonder how many more times I will knit it?? 


Jackson.
Second one for David.

Second one for Gwilym.
Tomos with my Cousin Simon and cousin in law Monica on Rodd Island.


Abigail.

This 9th is a Vest I knitted for myself... I must take a photo... 
Tony Bonner.
Great Aunt Carol, not only known for her Fudge Recipe but for teaching me to knit as well.


Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?