Saturday, March 27, 2021

 

Photo a Day Challenge - 27.3.2021 - My Fav Word.

 Of course my favourite word has to be PoopootoShirley!  I know, I've posted this before but....

 PooPooToShirley

 

This word came into my families vocab in the late 1950's.  Our Great Aunt Nancy aka Cranky was a great traveller and not only did she send us kids 100's of postcards from all the different countries she visited she would tell us stories of her experiences when she was home in Aus and this one is the best... well in my honest opinion. 

Cranky and our cousin Sue were on the top deck of a Double Decker bus driving down Park Lane, London when they saw a youngish rather large woman skipping along singing... PooPooToShirley, PooPooToShirley, PooPooToShirley, PooPooToShirley, 

and at the same time lifting her skirts up way above her head. 

I've always loved this story and this word has become one of my most common and favourites. The blog I put together of these 320 Postcards has been archived by the National Library https://postcardsfromauntycranky.blogspot.com/

 


Great Aunty Cranky and my cousin Sue with a 'friend' in the middle.


Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?