Wednesday, January 27, 2021

 

Knitting! Yes that should my middle name, I've been knitting almost non stop since I was 5 years old.

 Wow!  That's 70 years, my Great Aunt Carol taught me and I really haven't stopped but... but... this Aran Pattern is one I've knitted 9 times, yes NINE times!  

First time was in 1967 for David who had sailed to England and it was darn cold over there :-) well this photo was taken in 1968 in Monaco.

I knitted one for myself in 1968 before I joined David in the UK, this is me in Nimes, France.
Davids jumper wore out a bit so I knitted him a second one but he does still have and still wear the old one sometimes.
#4 was for Tomos in a grey wool.
#5 for Gwilym in a dark blue.
#6 was requested by Jackson.
#7  I made as a vest for myself.
#8 requested by Abigail in a light blue.
#9 requested in this bone colour for Gwilym again.
Here is the pattern book with Tony Bonner on the cover, the pages are a tad worn,
I have also knitted a few Fair Isle jumpers... I wonder how many of those, will have to take a look.


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?