Monday, October 14, 2019

 

Photo a Day Challenge 14.10.2019 - Free Choice Month.

Today would have been Mum and Dad's 75th Wedding Anniversary... Here's Rosie with long time friends Margaret and Jim Mackay... Rip is behind Rosie with the hat on, we're celebrating Rip and Rosie's Ruby Wedding Anniversary at our home.

Let me tell you my saddest memory.

1950 -  My 5th Birthday Party and we were living with my Grandparents Poppa and Mama (Rosie's parents) in Strathfield.   I remember it so clearly, about 6 little people sitting around a little table on the verandah enjoying some seriously yummy party food when 'The Mackay's' arrived late, I've forgotten the name of their son... anyway... they arrived all smiles and happiness and I was just thrilled because they were carrying a little present all wrapped up, I stand up to receive this gift but they hand it to my 18 month old brother Tim and wish him Happy Birthday... it's not his Birthday, it's mine!  They've got it wrong  😢  and what does Rosie do??  Nothing!  Tim is already ripping open this present and it's a small nail brush, he's thrilled and too young to understand that it's MINE really.

I sooo wanted a small nailbrush, it should have been mine 😢😟😕😠😦  I have never forgotten this incident and nor the 'Mackay's'! 

I do know Rosie was embarrassed but... that little nail brush should have been mine mine mine...

Labels: ,


Comments:
I totally agree. Little siblings always seem to get the stuff. At least mine did. Were you the one who always had to do the dishes too. My brother ALWAYS had to go to the loo, come dishes time.
 
Mmmm... I have no memory of my brother Tim doing anything around the house... maybe it was his Loo Time when jobs around the home needed doing :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?