Thursday, July 11, 2019

 

Photo a Day Challenge - 11.7.2019 - My (husband's) Handwriting, well not exactly but the letters he wrote... plus Aunty Cranky's Handwriting.

 Here are the 84 letters David wrote to me before we married.
I typed them all up and gave him this book for our 40th Wedding Anniversary... and there is a Copy in the NSW Library.  Not showing you my handwriting it never was very readable and now it's really unreadable!

 Then I just remembered this beautiful handwriting, postcards sent to me by my Great Aunt Nancy aka Cranky.  How exciting it was to receive one of these back in 1957 to 1962, she did spend a lot of time overseas did my Aunty Cranky and in style too.

 Not only was Cranky generous with postcards she was just as generous with gifts as well.


When Rip and Rosie were moving into a retirement place Rosie was going to throw these Postcards out but I managed to get to keep them, I found 320 postcards sent to myself and my four siblings during these five years of Cranky's travels which I scanned and put into a Blog back in 2013 which was archived by the National Library of Australia, you can see more if you like at 

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?