Friday, August 04, 2017
We enjoyed a lovely week driving, visiting, eating, cuddling, chatting... seeing family, cousins and friends as well as enjoying the beautiful Australian countryside!
Look who greeted us on our return!!!
My first flower from Great Aunt Ella's Camellia. This plant was a cutting from one growing at Great Aunt Ella's home in Drummoyne way back forever... about 40/50 years ago Rosie managed to get a cutting and it thrived at Newport and then at their retirement home up the central coast for 21 years... but since she was transplanted to our home 7 years ago I've been saddened as each year she just didn't flower or the flowers fell off already dead or before they really got to this size!
Okay she has been nibbled by some pest but she's starting to look like the Great Aunt Ella I remember... Yay!!
Last week we drove south through Goulburn then had a little drive through Wollogorang, these photos were taken from Wollogorang Road but those rocks can be seen from the Federal Highway and always give me a lovely happy feeling if I'm just driving by... Very Big Sigh... Wollogorang!!
There are rocks like these all over this area, all through paddocks on top of little mounds like this... I just love them.
Then onto Biony, Kate and James... Saturday lunch at Poachers Pantry!! Beautiful foods... read all about it. Click Here.
Reading was a big part of each day, James just loves David reading him books... took a moment or two for James to realize he had the best story reader sitting on the couch.
Many many books were read to one very contented little lad.
When not reading James and I were busy knitting :-) or should I say laughing about knitting.
Some lovely places to enjoy the outdoors, just a short walk away from home.
Beautiful happy times, thanks for the photos Briface!!
On a sad note we went to see what was happening to David's family home which was totally demolished beautiful trees and all and now this ugly building which can hardly be called a 'home'!
Just look at the pruning of what used to be one very beautiful tree! Disgusting!
Below is what it looked like after it was sold, not bad but never as beautiful as it was when David parents lived here... very sad because it was indeed a beautiful home and garden.
My first flower from Great Aunt Ella's Camellia. This plant was a cutting from one growing at Great Aunt Ella's home in Drummoyne way back forever... about 40/50 years ago Rosie managed to get a cutting and it thrived at Newport and then at their retirement home up the central coast for 21 years... but since she was transplanted to our home 7 years ago I've been saddened as each year she just didn't flower or the flowers fell off already dead or before they really got to this size!
Okay she has been nibbled by some pest but she's starting to look like the Great Aunt Ella I remember... Yay!!
Last week we drove south through Goulburn then had a little drive through Wollogorang, these photos were taken from Wollogorang Road but those rocks can be seen from the Federal Highway and always give me a lovely happy feeling if I'm just driving by... Very Big Sigh... Wollogorang!!
There are rocks like these all over this area, all through paddocks on top of little mounds like this... I just love them.
Then onto Biony, Kate and James... Saturday lunch at Poachers Pantry!! Beautiful foods... read all about it. Click Here.
Reading was a big part of each day, James just loves David reading him books... took a moment or two for James to realize he had the best story reader sitting on the couch.
Many many books were read to one very contented little lad.
When not reading James and I were busy knitting :-) or should I say laughing about knitting.
Some lovely places to enjoy the outdoors, just a short walk away from home.
On a sad note we went to see what was happening to David's family home which was totally demolished beautiful trees and all and now this ugly building which can hardly be called a 'home'!
Just look at the pruning of what used to be one very beautiful tree! Disgusting!
Below is what it looked like after it was sold, not bad but never as beautiful as it was when David parents lived here... very sad because it was indeed a beautiful home and garden.
Labels: Briony & Kate, Canberra, James, Wollogorang












