Thursday, April 20, 2017

 

Sue, my first cousin once removed.

 
Sue is my mothers first cousin, Sue is only 4 1/2 years older than I am where as Rosie was almost 18 years older.  Sue and I spent a lot of time together at Wollogorang and in Sydney, I remember her taking me to the movies once, we saw the musical 'Rose-Marie' with Nelson Eddy and Jeanette McDonald... it was so wonderful.  I must have been about 6 or 7, she was at boarding school and in uniform.

The second movie was awful and I wanted to leave so Sue made me crawl down the isle and across the seats to the exit so that we didn't block the other customers view of the screen!

Sue now has Dementia and lives just up the road from us so I pop in to say hello every now and then which can be very distressing for the first 15 to 20 minutes but then I show her photos such as some below and she comes back to being the cheeky Sue I remember for up to an hour at least.   Fun but quite emotional as well.






Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?