Saturday, August 15, 2015

 

What did you do today Penniedarling?

 Welllllll....   I started doing 'repairs' to this jumper of David's.  I first knitted a jumper like this for David way back in 1967, he still wears it leather elbow patches and all.    A few years ago I decided I'd knit him the same jumper for his 70th but it turned out too baggy with sleeves far too long and a neck far too floppy... so today I started unpicking one of these sleeves... now do you know just how hard it is to unpick a jumper starting in the middle of it!!    It is easy to unpick from the top to the start but trying to unpick in the middle is tricky to say the least.

 I did manage to get the too long bit off the sleeve and get the needle into the stitches... well sort of it's a bit dodgy around the pattern of twists.

 I rolled up the unraveled wool and was ready to start re knitting the cuff from the top down... but first!

 I made some lunch... Just Delicious!  and yes I am a bit burger obsessed at the moment!

One cuff shorter and tighter... now for the second and the neck!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?