Sunday, September 22, 2013

 

So where have I been? Missing in action? I know it's only been two days but I usually have a Photo a Day post at least... So what's been happening??

Well!

This is what happened.

David and I were going to be away on the weekend of the 28th September but when I spoke to Briony she seemed very confused and I was wondering what the matter was but we hung up and all was well... for a whole 10 minutes when Tomos rang from Macao and spilt the beans!

Tom had been in contact with Briony because he was being flown to Melbourne and Sydney for a couple of Gigs, and he thought it would be fun to surprise myself, David, Nerys and family and Gwilym and family.   But I was going to spoil it all by going away that weekend!

So I canceled our trip and stayed quiet to Nerys and Gwil.

A phone call came from Tomos a week after this first conversation... and it finished up with him asking me if I would be home this Friday... 'Yes' said I... 'All day Friday? said Tomo... 'Yes all day Friday' said I... 'Good', says Tom, 'I have a couple of parcels arriving', says he...  'What for the Gigs?' ask I.    A hesitation... then... 'Yeah! for the Gigs!'  finishes Tom.

Mmmmmm... goes my head...  ??????  goes my brain!   The more I thought about it the more sense it made.  In a previous phone call Tom had been disappointed to discover that there would be no Boys Cricket on the 28th...    Lightening struck... and by the time David got home from the Museum I had it all worked out.

Tom was coming on Friday and bringing one of the children... George maybe?  

I hardly slept on the Thursday night, I was so excited with anticipation but at the same time covering myself so I didn't get too much of a let down in case I was wrong.  I rose early and hopped into the shower hoping they wouldn't arrive so early I'd still be in there.  Came downstairs and decided I needed to do the ironing first so I could get that out of the way... and the phone rang... it was Nerys.

So... Nerys and I am chatting away when from the corner of my eye I catch a climpse of Tom in the Hallway... he'd come in the back door.  I Ooooohhhhhhheeeeddd... and Nerys said... 'What's happened??'   I said, I'd call her back and hung up.  We hugged and and kissed and by this time George had raced upstairs to hide again... Oh my oh my how he's grown in the 9 months since I've seen him :-)    David came home from his walk and got his surprise but then I had to ring Nerys back.

I rang and she said... What happened Mum?   So I lied and told her that David had come home with a great big bunch of flowers because I'd been going on at him, like I do... she understood... so we chatted on and hung up!  Phew!

The plan was to leave here at 2:15pm to drive to Nerys.  Surprise her then walk to the boys school to Surprise them.

2pm comes... Tom and George are sound asleep and ask for another hour's sleep.

So we eventually get to the Thompson's home and to our horror discover the car not in the garage and no one at home...  Tom rings Nerys from his Macao phone to discover she's at a friends having Champagne!!  David and I have no idea where the friends home is so we wait hidden in the garden and home... more than one hour later Tim arrives home to discover a little boy playing in his front garden... A little boy called George!   Wonderful surprise!  Then he spies Tom deep in the garden and it's all Wow!  Wow!  Wow!

But where is Nerys and the boys.  Tim discovers where they are so we all pile into my car and head a few blocks away... Tom walks in the door and Nerys does a couple of double takes before she discovers it's her brother standing in her friends hallway and her Husband behind him!!  

Wonderful stuff!

Tomos, Nerys, Tim, Jack, Charlie and George all stay over for Pizza while David and I head home to recover from a wonderful if exhausting day, with many more to come.

We still have Gwil and Em and Remy to surprise... as well as Briony.


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?