Wednesday, August 28, 2013

 

Photo a Day Challenge - 28.8.2013 - Corridor.

What's the difference between a Corridor and a Hall??  I've done a Google Search (see below) and I find that we shouldn't call this a Hall, it's really a Corridor!  The things one learns on the Internet!

This is our signature Hall or should I say... Corridor.  The first to sign was an American friend way back in 1986 and friends, family and kids are still signing!  :-)


This is what Wiki tells me a Hall is...

In architecture, a hall is fundamentally a relatively large space enclosed by a roof and walls.[1] In the Iron Age, a mead hall was such a simple building and was the residence of a lord and his retainers. Later, rooms were partitioned from it, so that today the hall of a house is the space inside the front door through which the rooms are reached....

And this is what Wiki tells me is a Corridor... 

Corridor

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Corridor may refer to:

Architecture


Labels: ,


Comments:
Interesting, Pennie (as is your wall!)I must admit I have never used hall, always called it a hallway. Corridors were things in public buildings like hospitals and council chambers, though, not in homes. Don't think I could start using corridor for the home. lol I'll stick to hallway, as it seems appropriate.
 
Yeah! I would say... go down the hallway and it's the first door on your left ... or ... you can write your name on the Hall Wall!! :-) Never Corridor!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?