Friday, July 26, 2013

 

Part 'Two' of our Birthday explore from Palm Beach to Manly...

 David skimming a stone into the Surf at Narrabeen Beach... (Dad called this beach Skinnypea)  :-)  Oh yes he was very funny.

At North Narrabeen we saw a rather thin girl running, she was dressed all in black and wearing these bright luminous orange runners.

 Collaroy Beach.

 Dee Why Beach.

Here we see the same girl running in those Luminous Runners.... wow!  She's traveled some distance.

By now it's almost 2pm and we're both starving so it wasn't going to be Lunch at Manly.

 Lunch had to be at Dee Why.
Right at the roundabout was 'Wild Water' which advertised Oysters at $1 each...  Yes!  Our very favourite.    I was sort of thinking the dozen each we ordered would be tiny little things but no... great big and fat and juicy and just delicious!  Yummo!

I don't like any additions to my oysters I love them just freshly opened and natural.

Then we ordered the Seafood Pie special which was just as delicious but far too big for me so I had to ask for a Doggy Bag, I did confess to the Waiter that I don't own a dog but they still gave me the left overs...  I ate all my peas though they were in that empty dish.  

Too full for dessert now so we promised ourselves an Ice cream in Manly... if we ever get there! 

We chatted at length to the young Waiter and when he left us I said to David that I thought he might be Canadian and not American... David said he thought he was French Canadian... now that's 'out' there!     So when the Waiter came back I told him that we had a bet on... I thought he was Canadian and David thought he was French Canadian.

You should have seen the look of surprise on the Waiters face ... nobody ever guesses he's French Canadian which he is!  He says most people think he's American but quite a lot think he's Irish!  Nah... I couldn't hear Irish in his voice.

We may have lingered longer than we should if we wanted to get to all the beaches but look at our view...  by now the sky was changing with big black clouds coming from the South West.


 We wandered around the pool, heading towards the Headland instead of walking on the beach at Dee Why.  (Which I call Just Because)


 Quirky Photo #3... do they paint this edge of the pool to #1 protect the rocks?  or #2 protect the swimmers ?

 What, What, What is this... we peered at it for ages trying to work out what it was, it was very very long and bubbles were appearing at intervals and it very slowly changed colour, eventually we realized it was not one but two Octopus, Octopusses? Octopi??

A chap appeared near us and we got chatting, he knew everything about Octopus which was fascinating and he told us lots of interesting stories... he says there are several Octopus in the crevices like these and he thinks that these two were mating. 

It started to rain now with a few but great big drops of rain but he was so fascinating we stayed and listened.   He was a local and I think he was sort of protecting the Octopus, he says that even though there are signs saying do not take the animals around the headland... several people take no notice, which I find very sad.

That's the chap in the distance and his friend sitting on the rock.
That's enough for today.

Do we get to Manly?
Do we get to Every Beach?
Do we get our Ice Cream?

Stay Tuned!!  :_)




Labels:


Comments:
Don't leave us hanging! This is better than an ep of The Great Outdoors!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?