Tuesday, July 30, 2013

 

Part Three of our adventure visiting all the Northern Beaches of Sydney.

 Dee Why Lagoon to the right.  Grey clouds are moving over us but no more rain.

 North Curl Curl Beach to the left, looking South.

On our way to Curl Curl we spot that same girl in the Luminous Sneakers running... I wonder how far she's run so far... she keeps heading South.

 Curl Curl Beach Pool was getting some serious work done.

 Lots of work going on at the Curl Curl Beach Surf Club as well.

David checking out what's going on at Curl Curl.

 Freshwater Beach looking North.

What!! Here's that same running girl in the Luminous Sneakers... how far is it now?

 Freshwater to the South.

 This is where I live...

...I wish! 

How lovely would that be eh!  North facing so it would be wonderfully warm in winter, summertime would be a bit noisy but I could manage it.

The running girl in the Luminous sneakers heads up this hill and vanishes from my view... we don't see her again but I do a Google and find so far she's covered 3.1 Km which is a 42 min walk...

 Queenscliff Beach... getting very grey now...

 North Steyne Beach, still lots of surfers out there...

 At last...  Here we are sitting at Manly Beach enjoying a Tom and Jerry Ice Cream looking at the pink sky... when I remember Shelley Beach!!!!!  Dang we forgot and I'm just too beached out to bother :-)

 David does his walk along the waters edge but I'm too pooped so I just watch  :-)

So we enjoyed a really lovely day, we drove home in the dark getting home after 6pm to several phone calls from family wanting to wish me a Happy Birthday and starting to wonder where the heck we were... my mobile was dead as usual  :-(  I must remember to charge it more often.

So how many beaches are there from Palm Beach to Manly?  19.  How many did we get to ... only 16, we forgot Turrimetta, Long Reef and Shelley.

Next time... we'll check out the map first.

Because we'd both lived at Newport at one time does not mean we remember or know all the Beaches...  Doh!!
 
 Home to a lovely parcel from Briony...
... and ...

Tom rang about 9:30pm and after chatting for a while asked if I'd got the flowers... No...  well have a look outside says Tom.  I found them on the front door step but they were so heavy David had to get them for me... 
... still on the phone to Tomos but enjoying my beautiful flowers.

I love Birthdays!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?