Friday, March 29, 2013

 

Tell me what you call this Breakfast... Please!

 Two slices of bread with circle cut out of centre... lightly butter both sides.

 Cook bread on one side then turn over and break one egg into each slice of half toasted bread.

 Turn over and cook for a short time.


Serve with Bacon and freshly squeezed Apple, Carrot and Ginger.

Now... my father called eggs cooked this way... 'One Eyed Egyptians' !!!    and after doing a Google search I see that is a common name for this dish, how weird is that!

Labels:


Comments:
I call it egg in hole. but i tand not to cook the bread hole and have it with a nice bit of jam such as the amazing fig jam by Irene. I love this dish it is so easy
 
How unexciting is 'Egg in Hole'??
Do you have some of MY Irene's Fig Jam... oh you are so lucky and privileged!!
 
I am lucky! She must like me as much as you.... Nothing wrong with egg in hole, bet people would know what it is at least

 
Mexican Hats.
I guess there's a slight resemblence....if you use your imagination.
KLM
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?