Monday, August 19, 2024

 

Now here's a story.

Back in 1970 David and I were travelling through the USSR and just loving it all, we changed American Dollars into Russian Ruple in Denmark on our way to the USSR, we got about 7 Ruple for 1 $US not bad, when in the USSR we were told we had to change our Dollars to Ruples only in banks and it would be 1 for 1, so it was surprising to have young men come up to us in the streets wanting to give us about 5 Ruple for one US$, guess what... we never changed any money in banks but we were rich for the first time so I bought my first Babushka at the GUM Store in Moscow.

After we went across Sibera on the railway then when about to leave the USSR at Nakhodka and sail to Tokyo we were told that we had to give back any USSR money we still had but there would be no $US to replace them... so what's a girl to do... hide the one and only coin we still had in my shoe!

... so I hid this Vladimir Lenin coin in my shoe and have had it in my 'Coin' collection ever since, we found it yesterday!  


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?