Monday, November 27, 2023

 

Photo a Day Challenge - 27.11.2023 - I remember.

 I remember as a young teen reading Georgette Heyer books about young people who wanted to marry but their parents didn't approve of the partner chosen... so they would escape to Gretna Green which is just over the border from England to Scotland where they could marry without parental permission.

When David proposed to me way back in early 1969 I asked could we marry there but... he had other plans which I was very happy about when we got to see Gretna Green which back then was just a petrol station and a dump!  Now they've dolled it up and it's a very popular place to get married.

Above 1968 - Below today from Googlemaps.


Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?