Tuesday, June 28, 2022

 

I just love this little story.

My brother Nick has a lot of letters written to our mum Rosie from our dad Rip starting from 1943 before they were married, Nick has lent them to me and I will put them into a book for us all and in the letter folder was this little treasure that has nothing to do with those letters....

 Rosie wrote - 

Spoon whittled out of a twig by my grandfather Samuel Alexander Long for my Grandmother Edith Christina Higgin before they were married .

The story goes that they were having a picnic and he didn't have a spoon for whatever.

Must have been around 1894.      

(they were married in 1895)




Our Great Grandfather Samuel Alexander Long, wife Edith Christina Higgin, with children from left...
our Great Uncle Alan Kelvin aka Bill, Great Aunt Nancy aka Cranky, Great Uncle William McBeth and our Grandmother Edith Daphne aka Mama.

I knew my Great Grandmother Edith, she taught me to light matches when I was about 2 1/2 years old, and what fun that was even though my Mama didn't approve and put the fire on the carpet out!  😍


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?