Monday, October 25, 2021

 

Photo a Day Challenge - 25.10.2021 - On Monday's I...

 Wash on Monday, Iron on Tuesday, Mend on Wednesday, Churn on Thursday, Clean on Friday, Bake on Saturday, Rest on Sunday.

An old saying that I try not to adhere to so when I wash on Monday I always gggrrrrr... to myself!    I know I'm silly but after all these years I still shake my head!  

Where did this little ditty come from?  off to Wiki!

Wiki says... 

Do you do your household chores on a schedule, taking care of one big job on a specific day every week? Oh, to be so organized!

It may not work for me, but, traditionally, American homemakers did seem to have set-aside days for the major chores of their week. Of course, meals had to be cooked and dishes done and beds made every day, but some chores could be handled less often.

According to American author, Laura Ingalls Wilder, the chores in her day were set on this schedule. Ingalls Wilder chronicled her family’s pioneer life in a series of books, the most famous of which was Little House on the Prairie. 

So what do I do on Mondays??   The only thing I know I do every Monday is get out of bed but I do that every day don't I!

I won't be doing the same as I was doing last Monday that's for sure because I can't remember all the things I was doing way back then.  It was George's Birthday and we did enjoy a lovely long video chat with him on Messenger, it was also my long time friend of 76 years and three months Birthday... SMurray was born just three months after I was, our Mum's were friends, we are yet to catch up but this will happen soon... and... and... and... exciting... I was at the Dentist last Monday.

Today is my niece Hayley's 37th Birthday, Happy Birthday Hayley 🥳  🎉  🥳

You will have to come back later for a photo of what I'm doing, too early right now.

Almost Noon soooo... On this Monday I...

Picked up David's Newspaper from the footpath.

Enjoyed a very mixed Breakfast... oh with an Orange cut up by David as well.


Then I Gggggrrrrrr....  I know, I know but it's a beautiful sunny day and our towels just love that sunshine.
After putting this post up I will be concentrating on deleting, tagging and sorting more than 18,000 Photos in my iPhoto, I managed to delete 1,000 photos yesterday just from this year, I will be starting with December 2020 and hopefully make it to January 2020 without getting too bored.

This afternoon I will be concentrating on my Doily Quilt, adding this old embroidery to borders.

David has been just as busy and important as I have this Monday, firstly he mowed the lawn.

Then he got into Gwilym's Ford Falcon... literally got 'IN' the falcon while putting brake oil into the brakes... I think... 
Dunno what we do on Monday afternoons, I know we will enjoy lunch, and a bit of TV tonight, all exciting eh!  😘




Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?