Monday, March 08, 2021
Photo a Day Challenge - 8.3.2021 - H.
Harrie Cleveland Cobcroft - Born 6.7.1897 - Windsor, NSW - Died 22.1.1955 - Strathfield, NSW - only 58 years old.
Married Eileen Daphne Long - 22.9.1922 - Burrowa, NSW - Died 20.8.1981 Sydney - aged 84.
Having 3 Children.
Served in France during WW1 being awarded a Military Medal and a Bar, both presented to him by the Prince of Wales Edward 111, how said to him when presenting the Bar to his Military Medal... 'What you again!' Lovely story.
I have so many beautiful stories of my Poppa, one I've never forgotten was one Christmas Eve when I was about 3yo the whole family walked to Croydon Park for Carols by Candelight... but I wasn't allowed to hold a candle which was placed into a round piece of cardboard... in case the hot wax rolled onto my hand. I was a bit sad.
When we returned home my beautiful Poppa gave me a wink and a nod and took me out onto the front veranda where we sat together and I was able to hold a lit candle which was sitting in a safe metal holder as we sang my favourite Christmas Carol over and over -
'Away in a manger no quid for a bed, the little lord Jesus lay down on his head' 😉
Labels: 3/12 Photo a Day, Cobcroft Family

