Sunday, November 22, 2020

 

Lovely to be able to celebrate David's 78th Birthday and Gwilym's 40th Birthday yesterday only half our family this time though.

Oysters, Bugs, Prawns and Crabs were on the menu and I thought... so much cracking open of hard shells so I bought a jar of Crab Meat some Mango's and decided to make up a Crab and Mango Salad which was delicious and received high praise!  I asked for suggestions for the recipe next time, Charlie suggested Avocado which I did buy and just forgot to add and I remembered I thought to add mint but didn't.  This salad didn't need any dressing, the crab meat was juicy as was the delicious mango!  This will be on the menu again one day soon.

The fish shop sliced open the Morton Bay bugs for me which was so much better than trying to do this ourselves, Gwilym added some garlic and butter and they were BBQed on the Kamado.

Briony had already sent David two enormous Octopus along with some other yummy seafood's so Gwilym looked up how to cook them which started with boiling but I didn't see the rest, they were just beautiful.


I very kindly peeled all the Yamba Prawns for the family.

Seriously delicious lunch that's for sure, especially with a little sparkling soda water for me!

 
Then there was Dessert, Gwilym requested my Yoghurt, Berries and Toffee Shards. always been a top favourite with our all our family and friends as well and so easy to prepare... well except I have to remember to stay close while making toffee shards, they brown up so quickly.



Pennie, Remy and Jackson... photo taken by Charlie on other side of bench.

Gwilym had a lot of help opening his pressies.

A few Babushkas were played with.

Two beautiful families on their way home after a lovely day.


 

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?