Tuesday, January 21, 2020

 

Photo a Day Challenge - 21.1.2020 - I am.

 I am related to two English Families who came to Australia very early on... on my maternal side was John Cobcroft my 4x Great Grandfather who came from Southwark, London and who was involved in Highway Robbery, he arrived on the Second Fleet, June 1790.  After only 4 years of his 7 year sentence he was granted land at Wilberforce (so he must have really been a good boy don't you think?)
Above is the Barn he built on his land which is still standing!

My Paternal English Family came from Evesham, Worcestershire, UK.  John Tremayne Rodd, my 3x Great Grandfather wouldn't go into the church as his father expected him to do so he was banished from the family and after his wife died he and his three little boys sailed to Australia arriving in April 1822.  Here is the home my 2xGreat Grandfather built on Rodd Point, which is no longer standing.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?