Saturday, November 09, 2019

 

30 Years since that terrible Berlin Wall came down! Hurray!





Here's my little piece of the Berlin Wall, given to me by a friend...  David and I were in East Germany for only a couple of days back in early June 1970, we'd traveled by train from Copenhagen and after a couple of days we caught another train from East Berlin into Poland and Warsaw then onto Leningrad in what was back then the USSR, then onto Moscow and on the Trans Siberian railway to Vladivostok and onto Nakhodka for a boat to Tokyo for a few days then onto another boat to California for 4 months before heading home to Australia once again by Sea!  Wonderful memories.

My precious piece of this wall is framed and on my kitchen wall.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?