Friday, March 15, 2019

 

Photo a Day Challenge - 15.3.2019 - Kid.

 As a Kid I did a couple of gigs at Aunt's Weddings, here I am aged six at Aunt Pam and Uncle Mick's wedding, Pam is Rosie's younger sister.

And below on the far right I'm 10 years old at my Aunt Audrey and Uncle David's wedding, that's my dad Rip in uniform, Audrey was his youngest sister.
I remember these occasions so well and these dresses probably decided me on my own fashion rules many years later.  I remember these dress's I'm wearing with fear,  they were sticky and itchy and floaty and the sleeves cut into my arms something horrible.  I think it was from this day that my mind decided never to wear anything like this again.   I remember enjoying these days and I did love my Aunts and Uncles but... that dress... I wonder where it is now?

Maybe that dress is the reason I made my own Wedding outfit out of a much more comfortable cotton and wore it many times after, until it was stolen in our luggage in Italy that is.  Much more comfortable it was.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?