Thursday, February 28, 2019

 

I'm a weirdo, always have been and here's a story I wrote that proves it.


A fear of Hard Boiled Eggs.

I can’t stand hard boiled eggs, they give me the shivers and shudders and the smell of them makes me want to dry retch, egg sandwiches… oh no, can’t go there.  

I’ve lived with this fear all my life and never thought too much about it but the other night I was watching the Graham Norton Show with Richard E Grant as a guest, then when Graham asked him about his fear I was so relieved and happy to hear it was the same as mine… Richard E Grant has a Fear of Hard Boiled Eggs!    I’ve just done a Google search and we aren’t the only ones.  Kate Humble is out there about it as are others.

I enjoy eggs, I like mine nice and soft, I can eat the white of a Hard Boiled Egg but never the yolk. 

Then I remembered a moment from when I was a young teen, I was staying at Wollogorang, at the home of my Great Aunt Cranky and Great Uncle John.  I was down to Breakfast first and from the Buffet I chose what I thought was a ‘Dippy’ egg, but no it was not… I hurriedly took that hard yolk out of the white and put it into the little coal fire stove behind me, then ate the white, not long after this Uncle John came into the Dining Room, said a gruff ‘morning’ and before choosing his breakfast went straight to the stove opening it to check if there was enough coal… he stopped, he looked harder then he looked at me, looked at that yolk again then at me… I just grinned a little, John just Aaahhhhed…  How embarrassing but nothing was ever said.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?