Friday, June 08, 2018

 

50th Wedding Anniversary Lunch.

Way back in October 1967 David was about to sail off to England for who knows how long!  We were good friends and had just started to like each other so before he left he took me on our first and only real 'Date' to Barrenjoey House at Palm Beach.    How' La de da' was this eh!!  

I remember it well, I had my first ever Carpet Bag Steak (Fillet Steak stuffed with Oysters), very popular in the 1950's and 60's but never seen on a Menu now days.

During this meal David asked me to wait for him... I replied... No way!  I wasn't going to wait for someone who was going overseas for one or two years!  No Way!

David sailed off a few days later and we both remember that feeling of  'What the???'  while I was on the dock and he on board sailing away out of sight...  The rest is history.

So today is our 50th Wedding Anniversary and we decided to go back to Barrenjoey House for lunch... and do you know what that man of mine did... he checked the menu online, no Carpet Bag... so he rang and booked a table then asked if he could order two Carpet Bag steaks, the Chef had to be asked and yes... just for us!!    

Amazing, what a beautiful gift eh!
 Blini, Smoked Salmon, Caviar, Dill and Creme Fraiche.

 A deliciously yummy Blue Carpet Bag Steak for me...  Very Big Sigh...

 Mango, Raspberry and Sticky Fig Gelato for me...

 Affogato, Vanilla Bean, Gelato, Espresso, Frangelico for David.

 These beautiful lights fascinated me.

 Out the window is Pittwater.





This bus was full of Asian Tourists enjoying their tour... and further up the road around the corner in Governor Philip Park were truck after truck of film crew so maybe they were lucky and saw some filming!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?