Sunday, September 17, 2017

 

I've really been enjoying scanning and posting these almost, fifty year old Newsletters from Wollogorang.

 My cousin Sue's cousin David Crisp has lent me these old 'Wollogorang News & Views' and I'm just loving scanning them and putting them up onto a Blog which I know the State Library are interested in.

Back in the 1930's / 40's / 50's / 60's my Great Uncle John and his siblings owned and ran 'Wollogorang Pastoral Company' which comprised 5 Properties in Southern NSW.  I spent many a very happy time staying then eventually working at the largest property, 'Wollogorang'. 

I remember these Newletters which started back in 1958 because my mum Rosie drew the covers for some of the later additions.

When I started reading these precious things I rang the State Library who jumped at the chance of including them in their archives but David Crisp doesn't want to part with them just yet so this is why I'm scanning etc!  I know my extensive family will enjoy reading them at their leisure as much as I am now.

My Great Uncle John had a very dry sense of humour which comes out in some of these written words and I just love it.  Not only do these record rainfall, crop production, sheep and wool production they also have a Safety section, there is always a Recipe and some kids jokes and at the end is the personal column saying who is staying on the Properties, who is visiting elsewhere and many other fascinating topics...  Just look at this little gem below :-)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?