Wednesday, February 01, 2017

 

Photo a Day Challenge - 1.2.2017 - A Street.

The one and only street in Pennan, Scotland... the village used in the movie 'Local Hero'.  Still my favourite movie.     Local Hero Trailer 

We visited Pennan back in 2005, I was soooo  thrilled to actually be walking on this main street of this amazing village in the far north of Scotland.

Today I had a lot of things on my 'To Do' list, so I started... then I stopped...  looked up Pennan on Google Maps and have just spent the last 90 minutes driving down the steep steep hill to the Coast and now Heritage listed, little town of Pennan.   Here are 27 photos I've just taken by doing a Grab   :-)   What fun this was.

Back in 2005 we were staying in Nairn, just north of Inverness... we headed north east on the A96 then the A98 and the A95, it was a 2 hour drive but so so so worth it.

Hurray we've found it.

Past one farm house and we can see the North Sea.

Look out for falling rocks.

Another farmhouse on a very sharp bend.

Aahh... I can see the Harbour.

I remember driving down this road hoping against hope no one wanted to drive up!


 Yikes!  Almost at the end.

Looking right where my photo above was taken and the Pennan Inn, we had our lunch here of course and chatted to the owners who were Scottish but had just returned from living in Perth, Australia for 20 years.

Heading past the Inn east.

I turned around, looking back towards the Inn.

Moving past the Inn heading west.

Look at this little stone cottage on the right.

There is a woman washing that car up there, she must live in this cottage, it looks very cosy.

Grassy area with seating and those poles are Clothes lines.   The woman hasn't noticed the Google Maps car passing but the Dog has!

Still heading West.

This lovely looking cottage is being restored.

The Community Hall looks as though it's being restored as well.

Looking East again.


 Back up the Hill.

Farewell Pennan.

 Climbing up and up...

The white farmhouse up the top.






Then we continued east on our exploration of northern Scotland, to Fraserburg.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?