Monday, January 23, 2017

 

Well that was a really lovely day... the Annual Christmas, Challenge Revelation Lunch for the Ku-ring-gai Quilters.

 The 2016 Challenge for our small group was set by Penny Smith.  Actually I just realized, this is our 10th Challenge!

 Penny said we could make anything so long as it was a Garden Theme and had in it... Green, Applique, Four Patch and Embroidery.   Of course Penny had a quilt she wanted to finish that had all these elements in it so it was a brilliant idea and we all loved it.

A lot of gentle teasing goes on during the year with questions and comments and raised eyebrows and so on which had me up early one morning making this quilt below.   It gave me a good laugh it did but what does one do with it now I have to ask!

It wasn't until I'd almost finished that I noticed a mistake!   it glares at me now!   This isn't my real 2016 Challenge though.

I'll show you our beautiful work in Alphabetical order... 

 Irene bought some beautiful fabrics for her challenge, they have a real Aussie theme running through them, Irene has covered all requirements and she has 4 four patches!   I think this quilt will be going to a child of a friend who lives in New York, perfect!

 Look at Lyn's really funky flowers, can you see that little lady bug?   I love Lyn's one four patch.

 Now this is another funky quilt made by Lynne from old jeans and other old scraps of fabrics which had the husbands loud in their praise with comments such as...  'This is what Patchwork should be, using old fabrics!'  We chose to ignore :-)   Lynne has also made just one four patch. 

 This is Robyn's Family Tree, she has written names on each leaf, what a clever idea!   Now I want to make one just like Robyn's.   I can't see a four patch here Robyn... maybe it's on the back :-)

 This is my real 2016 Challenge and I, like Penny, took the opportunity to finish off a quilt I started about 18 or maybe 20 years ago.    The reason I didn't finish this quilt was because I didn't like the Poinsettia, all the other flowers in the old quilt pattern below are Australian but Poinsettia come from Mexico.  (I am a stickler for correctness aren't I?)   I found a better pattern for Waratah's and a few other natives as well with 'Creative Cubby' so my quilt is no longer an Ami and Michelle - Oz Dye Art Pattern.  Can you see my Four Patches??  I made lots and lots :-)


 Now here is Penny's stunning quilt that she Challenged us with, look at all the detail!  Just beautiful.  Penny has lots of four patches as well.

 Here we all are...  Pennie, Lynne, Irene, Penny, Robyn and Lyn.

 And here are our men!  These four men only get together once each year, none of them quilt you see and none of them share the same hobbies  but they really enjoy the day and look forward to it each year.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?