Tuesday, November 29, 2016

 

Here's a lovely story :-) I do love my Children and my Grandchildren!


 
David and I have been enjoying watching an old DVD of my 50th Birthday Cabaret which Tomos and his friends organized for us in our Garage 21 years ago…  so we put it on again the next day when the Thompson's and Gwil's family were here celebrating a couple of birthdays. 

Everybody is watching the TV while we go about our fun business. 

Remy has started helping me mix a salad but announces that he needs to do a poo, so I say....  'Off you go and call me when you need me'.    A little while later he calls me… I go into the loo and Remy says to me.

'Can you tell me an Olden Day story about Tom and singing?'    
I bring out the old story…

When Tom was about 7, unknown to me he joined a local Choir.  I found this out when the Choir Master rang and asked me to pay Tom's fees, apparently the Choir Master had been up at our local oval looking for members and Tom joined up.   

I asked Tom if he wanted to sing and he told me that he wanted to be on a Fantale Wrapper one day,  (I had to explain what this meant to Remy and he listened intently),  then I went on about how Tom loved the Ku-ring-gai Boys Choir so we found Meg Mathews a Music Teacher up the road.  When the Choir Group finished the Music Teacher  suggested another Singing Teacher on the other side of the highway, then after a while she suggested Tom go to Robert Bickerstaff who was a baritone singer and teacher having taught in Cambridge.  After a while Robert suggested Tom should try out for St Andrews Cathedral Choir which he did and we would go and see him in the big Cathedral in the City, Tom was wearing purple robes when he sang here.  Then Tom got into the Children's Chorus for the Australian Opera and sang in four different Opera's in 1988…

Remy was gobsmacked!  'Tom sang at the big Opera House?'  with a surprised face and a very big sigh.

Toileting now finished, hands washed with soap and back to the Salad.

I do love Grandkids!!

 

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?