Wednesday, August 17, 2016

 

One of Penniedarling's Stories - The Vacuuming Story.

We always enjoy our grandchildren's sleep overs, then when it comes to bedtime,  instead of reading them a book I've told them stories of my childhood or of their parents childhood.  They love these stories and sometimes ask me to repeat the same story or tell one of their cousins the same story.

Last time Remy came to stay he asked for a story of something that happened in our home, he usually asks for a story from the 'Olden Days' but this time he wanted one about his Aunts and Uncle and Father.

I've told this story to many people over the years to describe just how different our four children are...

------------------------------------

The Vacuuming Story.

This is what happens if I request the same from each of my children.   The question is...

'Could you please do the Vacuuming'.

Child #1...  Rolls eyes, huffs and puffs but she does an excellent job, quickly and efficiently.

Child #2...  WHY ME?  I did it last time.   It's not my turn!  It's Child #1's Turn...  It's Child #2's Turn...  Why do I have to do all the work around here!
But once he starts and he starts to sing he does a brilliant job but it does take forever.    ***

Child #3...  Sure Mum.    10 minutes later....  'Child #3 Vacuuming!'   Oh sorry Mum, I'm coming...  5 minutes later... 'CHILD #3! COME DOWN HERE AND DO THE VACUUMING!'   and down she rushes and doing a fantastic job.

Child #4...  Walks in the door and says...  Mum the floor looks a bit dirty, I'll do the vacuuming.

------------------------------------


Sooooo....  I told this story to Remy, son of Child #4, and he asked me to tell him three times that evening!

Yesterday I found out that the minute he walked in the door of his home he asked his mother if he could do the vacuuming.

***(There was one occasion when Tom was doing his vacuuming job so well that he vacuumed up a hot coal from the Combustion Stove!  Our vacuum is a built in one so very soon there was smoke billowing out from under the stairs where the vacuum bag and machinery is.)


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?