Thursday, July 14, 2016
Gosh I'm a time waster...
Richard Fidler on 'Conversations' today, was talking to someone about Love and falling in Love which made me ask the question... when did I fall in Love?
I remember it to this day, it was in cold, cold Canberra, David and I were just friends, we were just two of a group of more than a dozen young people who were living and working at 'Wollogorang' a Sheep Station between Goulburn and Canberra.
One day we had to call into David's parents home in Canberra, the house was really lovely with a beautiful garden which was open for the National Trust each year so I was very impressed... but what got my heart strings humming was David's fathers Wood Pile!
This was the most beautiful wood pile I had ever seen and I have to say, living in the country I'd seen a lot of wood piles, our family even had one in Newport at the time... but David's fathers Wood Pile was just Wonderful! I did take a photo of it but of course can't find it today despite me spending ages going through old photos upstairs so I've stolen a wood pile photo from the internet which looked similar to David's fathers.
This Wood Pile is from Sweden I think but it is similar and still gets my heart spinning...
And... many years later David has own Wood Pile... it's not as perfect as his fathers but his father paid someone to split his wood where as David does all ours himself.
There is something really comforting, homely and reassuring about a good Wood Pile don't you think! Especially when the temp drops to 4c.
When I was taking these photos today David noticed one bit of wood looked raggy so he took it out and turned it around, can you see it, it's in the middle top of the first photo and not in this photo.
I remember it to this day, it was in cold, cold Canberra, David and I were just friends, we were just two of a group of more than a dozen young people who were living and working at 'Wollogorang' a Sheep Station between Goulburn and Canberra.
One day we had to call into David's parents home in Canberra, the house was really lovely with a beautiful garden which was open for the National Trust each year so I was very impressed... but what got my heart strings humming was David's fathers Wood Pile!
This was the most beautiful wood pile I had ever seen and I have to say, living in the country I'd seen a lot of wood piles, our family even had one in Newport at the time... but David's fathers Wood Pile was just Wonderful! I did take a photo of it but of course can't find it today despite me spending ages going through old photos upstairs so I've stolen a wood pile photo from the internet which looked similar to David's fathers.
This Wood Pile is from Sweden I think but it is similar and still gets my heart spinning...
And... many years later David has own Wood Pile... it's not as perfect as his fathers but his father paid someone to split his wood where as David does all ours himself.
There is something really comforting, homely and reassuring about a good Wood Pile don't you think! Especially when the temp drops to 4c.
When I was taking these photos today David noticed one bit of wood looked raggy so he took it out and turned it around, can you see it, it's in the middle top of the first photo and not in this photo.



