Friday, July 22, 2016

 

Eleven Years of Blogging... Happy Birthday to my Blogs!

I started Blogging on this day back in 2005,  David and I were going to live in England once again, for only 6 months this time, but I thought it was a great way to communicate with my Children, my first Grandchild, my Parents, my Siblings and my friends while we were away enjoying some good times with our son Tomos, daughter in law Emma and new born grand daughter Abigail Rose.

Sometimes I go into that first Blog and can spend an hour or so reading some of those old posts, it's sort of  like reliving being back there all those years ago.  Have a little look see if you like... Pennie and David.   By the time I closed that Blog we had 4 Grandchildren, but the main reason I closed it was 1,000 plus Spam posts.

I hadn't finished Blogging though and started up another... Pennie & Co.   this Blog got a bit full so then I started the Blog you are reading... Penniedarling!

But wait... there's more!   When I looked at those old photos of David and I in Europe back in 2005/6 I kept remembering the first time we lived in England in 1968 to 1970, dug out our old photos and started another Blog called Europe by London Taxi, which was found by Trove and Archived!  Which was a wonderful surprise...   I just looked at this Taxi Blog and found 130 people visited it yesterday!  Wow! 

... and More!  My Great Aunty Cranky travelled the world for many years during the 1950's and 1960's, she was a prolific Post Card sender and my mother Rosie had kept all these old Postcards and was going to throw them out when they moved up north but being the keeper of all things family that I had become I bought them home and they sat for almost 20 years.  

While I was doing the Europe by London Taxi Blog I kept remembering Aunty Cranky's Postcards so after finishing the Taxi Blog I dragged all those 320 Postcards out of their box, sorted them into dates then wrote Postcards from Aunty Cranky.    Which has also been Archived by Trove.    I sent the Postcards to my Sister Meredith a couple of years ago, she lost everything in a big bush fire, they are something of her childhood.

Then a friend asked how many Babushka's I had, so I wrote Babushka-Matryoshka Russian Dolls.

And of course there's the Sydney SCQuilters Blog that I put photos up on each month after one of our Pub Days, this gets more than 200 viewers after those Pub Saturdays.

There are three other Blogs I used to write with groups of friends but they have all stopped now and there is one more just waiting to happen...  Chronicles of an Albion Double Decker Bus...  I will get onto that one day  :-)




Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?