Saturday, July 30, 2016

 

Did you start school in the early 1950's? Do you remember this book?

I just found this in the Children's Book case, I remember it well! I notice I've tried to write my name on the cover. It tells the story of a family of three children, Ken, Jill and Pamela who enjoy a Gay Day at the Zoo, another at the Beach and another shopping for Pamela's 2nd Birthday.
 
Now sing along with me those of you who remember this book :-)
 
"We've had a gay day at the Zoo,
We saw a Koala and a Kangaroo,
We went for a ride on an Elephant too,
We've had a gay day at the Zoo' 
 
I did a Google Search and think it first came out in the early 1950's but can't find out exactly, the book says 'This book is the property of the Department of Education' , so does this mean I stole it???  Nah, it probably just got forgotten when we moved and moved and moved from School to School!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?