Sunday, June 26, 2016

 

I know... I know... I'm good, VERY good :-)

Cold weather sent me up to my Local Butcher yesterday, I never go on weekends because he's just too busy but it was urgent... I needed Beef!   I had to laugh when I saw the trays and trays of chopped Chuck Steak in the window!  Jason told me they'd spent yesterday chopping up heaps because of the weather.  Now when I usually buy Chuck, which isn't often Jason or Stewart usually have to chop it for me on the spot... but not yesterday... so home I go with 2 kilos of Chopped Beef Chuck!

To make a great big stew and a large number of pies.   Totally YUM!  David had a big serving last night and today I've made 20 meat pies to share with my children   :-)  

See... I told you I was good!!
 But WAIT!  That's not all...  I hate the left over trimmings of the Pastry, such a waste so with a little bit of imagination I have made the most delicious Puff Pastry Cheese Yummies!   Recipe below.
Puff Pastry Trimmings of 5 sheets plus one whole sheet.
Lots and lots of Cheddar Cheese, I used 1 1/2 packets of sliced Cheddar.
And a little shaved Parmesan.
I didn't add a herb but you could of course.
In the Kitchen Whiz in three different portions I blitzed the pastry and cheese together then rolled it out, cut it into circle shapes and put some shaved Parmesan on top.
Baked in a 180c oven for 10 or so minutes until browned!     Just wonderful and they will heat up nicely as well.

Labels:


Comments:
Hmmm. These look good. Do you just stick the pastry in the processor? Might try this.
 
Yes Liz, all the scraps from making the pies... with lots and lots of cheese :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?