Thursday, April 28, 2016

 

A couple of things gave me a smile today... and boy did I need it.

Girl on the radio talking about her parents moving here from the Sudan.  One day they were invited to someone's home for dinner and were told... 'Bring a Plate'    This worried them and they thought if their hosts were asking people to bring their own plates they must be very poor, so they went out and bought a dinner set as well as a cutlery set for their hosts   :-)

This same girls mother was asked. 'Do you have the time?'  the mother replied.  'Yes, how can I help you?'   :-)

Which reminded me of a party my cousin was having many years ago, her male guests were asked to,  'Bring a Bird and a Bottle.'   A young American chap turned up with a bottle of something and a BBQ Chicken!  :-)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?