Sunday, November 29, 2015

 

Tickets, Tickets and more Tickets... do you think I have Tickets on myself :-)

 So I started sorting through this pile this morning, just to see if I remembered going to see what was on these tickets... and yes, they bought back some wonderful memories but also the reason we stopped subscribing to the Ensemble and Glen Street Theatre.  Some of these plays were just plain boring, most of the ones I don't remember were trying to teach me a lesson... that's not how I like to be 'entertained'  I like to learn something, laugh or just enjoy and come home with a warm feeling, not an angry feeling. 

 Sorted into Theatre by Theatre.
 Hey Kids, who went to see 'Hey Hey it's Saturday'?  it wasn't me.  I loved the Tunnel Walk, Dylan Moran, the Giant Panda's all the Movies and always loved a good Eisteddfod!

 Barry Humphries, Neil Diamond and all the One Day Cricket matches with the children and my great big hamper of yummy lunch!

But... this ticket below, gave me the biggest laugh.   David and I aren't sports fans really, we think we sort of know whats happening but have never followed any teams.   We did take the children to the One Day Cricket several times because they loved it and I always took a wonderfully big hamper of yummy food...  but we wouldn't bother to go again.

Then I joined this group on the Internet which was called the 'Cows' and several of these southern State 'Cows' are very enthusiastic about their game of Aussie Rules.   I have another Internet friend who is an avid Swans fan and her love for this team is very infectious so I decided, just for the 'Cows' that I would follow the Swans.  Well!  It was great fun with them teasing me and me teasing them till eventually these 'Cows' persuaded me to go and see an actual game of AFL! 

So... David and I bought tickets.

In the pouring rain we drove to the Sydney Cricket Ground, we took our seats, we bought a pie as we were told to and we sat there unable to see 'our' Swannies because the team they were playing was so good the ball never got to our end of the field, plus the rain and mist were almost impossible to see through... at half time we went home, we were so wet and the rain wasn't going to stop, but we were very happy, it was fun to see how the fans really got into the game!  We haven't been again but when we were living in England in 2005 we got an early morning phone call to tell us that 'our' Swannies had won the Premiership!  Yay!  Go the Swannies  :-)


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?