Monday, November 30, 2015

 

Our Dear friend Francoise is coming for lunch and a good long chat tomorrow! which has me remembering the first time I met Francoise and Jean.

Okay, so picture this, it's 1972, David and I are home from three years of tripping around the world experiencing all the wonders of many countries including the foods!  David meets Francoise at his work place, she is a little younger than I am and has just arrived in Australia with her partner Jean who was about 30 years older than her... they knew no one.  

So David invited them to our home for Lunch, Nerys was just toddling and their son Stephan hadn't been born yet.   What I remember most about our first meeting was my panic!   Cooking lunch for a French couple!!!!!!  Wow that was a big call and to this day I have no idea what I prepared but what I do remember is hearing the Aaaahhh's and the Yummm's and the compliments and seeing smiles!   I was very relieved and it wasn't till much later that I discovered that Francoise and Jean couldn't cook, neither of them had ever tried!  Which just shows how silly I was worrying... Oh yes I can laugh now.

Anyway Jean has long gone but Francoise is coming to lunch tomorrow.   I know this is a bit of a show off but I saw a picture of one of these Stuffed Italian Cob's that I'd made a long time ago and it made me feel very hungry!

This is the first time I've made this loaf this way but I'm thrilled with the result!  I can't wait for us to cut into our little bread rolls tomorrow.


 Spread the emptied bread rolls with cream cheese with some finely chopped dill and start filling... baby spinach, grilled mushrooms, Jarlsberg cheese, sliced ham, grilled aubergine, sun dried tomatoes, slices of ham and anything else I could find in the fridge!



Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?