Monday, October 19, 2015

 

All we had was 15 minutes notice... Tomos was going to be on Sydney radio station, 2UE!

Sunday - We'd already spoken to Tom and George, it was George's birthday so we'd had a bit of a FaceTime but the connection was not much good so it was a short chat.

Around midday our time, Tomos rang to say he was going to be interviewed by Tim Webster from 2UE!  Wow!  Tom wasn't sure if the interview was going live or would be recorded for another day but with the number of techno whiz's in the house and before he'd hung up, we knew he would be on Sydney radio in 15 minutes time.

First thing to do... Ring Nerys and Gwilym to tell them to tune their radio's.

I'm playing Babushka's with Remy and trying to find 2UE on my digital radio but I still don't know how to work that thing so gave up and while I continued Babushka playing, Kate got the station on my iPad and David got the station up on my computer.

Briony was holding James and listening to my iPad, Kate was listening as well, and David was listening on my computer, then Tim Webster introduced us to Tomos Griffiths!  So we're all concentrating on what Tom and Tim are saying... When...

Remy announces, very loudly and urgently...  'I need to do a Poo, I need my seat, it's upstairs in a plastic bag in my (used to be his daddy's) room!'    Now I'm not the dumb grandmother I sometimes appear to be.  I'd bought this seat downstairs when we got up this morning.

So picture this... Remy is sitting on his seat on the downstairs loo, I am standing in the doorway and Briony, very thoughtfully is holding my iPad in the sewing room... Kate has James and they are listening with David in the Office.   Everyone is smiling and very proud and listening quietly...  but in the Loo...

PLOP!  Hahahaha... plop, plop, plop...  Briony and I are smiling, Remy is enjoying his task and starts singing... A B C D E F G,  H I J K LMNOP,  Q R S, T U V, W  X  Y and Zed,  now I've sung my ABC next time won't you sing with... 'something I don't quite catch'...   I smile at Remy while concentrating on Tom and Tim on the radio, Remy says, very loudly... 'You didn't laugh, you're supposed to laugh!'

I am puzzled, laugh?  so I go Hahaha!  but this isn't enough so Remy sings the song over again, I smile while concentrating on the interview,  Briony is quietly laughing as she holds the iPad towards me then Remy comes to the end of his song and I try to listen to his last sentence as well as to Tom...  Remy goes, 'now I've sung my ABC, next time won't you sing with 'Wind',    Hahahaha...  I smile at him but that's not enough... you are supposed to laugh! he says, so I 'Ha ha ha ha' once more.

I start getting toilet paper for Remy but he's not finished he tells me, so I concentrate on Tomo while listening to 'A B C etc' yet again.   Now Remy has been on the Loo for more than 10 minutes, Tom has been on the radio all that time now I try to get Remy off the Loo once again... no luck!  Tom finishes talking to Tim and I am once again amazed at just how good my DS1 sounds and what they are saying, it was a great interview but I have to say it was just one big advertisement for Macau, not that there is anything wrong with that, it was wonderful to hear our boy :-)

Remy is still on the Loo, I leave the room for a few seconds then go back in and wipe his bottom ready or not, pull up his pants and Tom is on the phone while the whole house is laughing out loud... how does one describe this little incident!    I was laughing so much as I told him the gist of our listening experience, he starting laughing very loudly as well and we handed the phone around!   My first thought, when I'd calmed down and back playing Babushka's with Remy was... this little incident has to be written down :-)

BTW Gwilym and Emily listened to the Interview in Newtown while they were working in their Garage and Nerys, Tim, Jack and Charlie listened to Tom in their car while off to meet friends for a family picnic!

You were Great Tomo, you sold Macau very very well, but you sold Australia ever better  :-)

Unfortunately the Interview isn't on Podcast but a couple of our friends messaged us to tell us they'd heard him, how lovely was that!


Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?