Sunday, June 21, 2015

 

Purple and purple flowers growing in my garden.

 I love these Violets, they remind me of my Aunty Cranky and my Mama.  They were growing at 'Wollogorang' Breadalbane, in Cranky's garden and many many years ago, probably about 60 years ago, her sister my Mama, dug up a few and planted them at her home in Newport.  When David and I moved into our home, Mama gave me a few plants and they are still growing and spreading and giving me much love.

David and I enjoyed a little wander around the garden this morning talking about which tree was here when we bought our first home, which tree we bought and planted ourselves, which tree or plant was given to us and so on... it's always lovely to have a little wander and chat... then I spotted a couple of these little Iris and it hit me ... three threes!

Three big petals with deep purple at their stem, three slightly smaller petals with yellow and white markings and three little petals in the middle!  333!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?