Saturday, May 30, 2015

 

My senses have been badly bruised, I feel as though I've been hit with a great big stick... I am absolutely OUTRAGED!

The first thing that came into my head when I woke up this morning ... was ... was ...  was ...  I don't know...  Anger I guess!   How dare they do this to ME!

Last night we watched an old 1974 movie version of Agatha Christie's 'Murder on the Orient Express'.

It started off brilliantly, the film work, the extras, the gathering together on the train of some very big names in the Movie world was wonderful to watch, the train itself was just beautiful, the carriages magnificent, the scenery brilliant ... but then ... 

Huh!  The 'actor???'  Huh!  given the role of our very well known Hercule Poirot started doing his thing!

The other actors were brilliant, John Gielgud was just wonderful!  Lauren Bacall was brilliantly loud mouth, Ingrid Bergman just perfect, Anthony Perkins and Sean Connery and Michael York played their parts excellently as did the rest of the cast... except for the 'actor??' playing our wonderful Poirot!

Who was this person who outraged my senses you ask?    none other than Albert Finney!   Now I've enjoyed Albert in other movies, thought he was fun... but whoever the DINGBAT was who thought he could play Hercule Poirot seriously needs his head read!  

So by now you must be wondering what Al could have done to incense me to this outrage, well I will tell you!  

He was stiff, didn't look at anyone properly, his accent went in and out of a Belguim one, going into an American accent at one time, he shouted and shouted, he hugged the owner of the rail line...  Poirot hugging someone???   Never!   Oh dear I mustn't upset myself ...  There was never any expression on Albert Finney's face except the one below... take a look for yourself.

 What is this person thinking!  What's with the stiff neck?
 No no no no...  it's all wrong wrong wrong...

 Here is the beautiful David Suchet playing our lovable Poirot perfectly.  The smallest of a smile, head held high just right.


Now in case you think I may be being a bit silly with this post...  I have seen other actors playing Hercule Poirot and they have been okay, fair to middling and have never injured my senses, I certainly didn't loose sleep when Peter Ustinov played Poirot, he did a good job.

In the end my moaning got too much for my beloved sitting beside me so the movie was stopped and deleted! 


P.S.  Very sad when David Suchet did his last performance.
P.P.S.  Very funny that Albert Finney received a nomination for an award for his role!  The nominators must have been on their funny pills that day.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?