Wednesday, February 25, 2015

 

Panic is over....

Last Wednesday...  I had a boys look and couldn't find them...  I panicked and asked David to have a look... he said he may have thrown them out... I panicked again and asked if David had had a look... not yet...  I emailed the children in case they'd borrowed them... none of them had... I asked David if he'd had a look yet...  not yet...  I pushed him to go and have a look...  so he had a Girls look and... here they are!!!   

David and I grew up with parents and grandparents saying things such as...   'That looks like a Heath Robinson...' when something was a bit dodgy, so when I found these books way back in 1977 while we were living in England for the second time... I bought them for David's birthday.  We also have two big posters that you may have seen hanging in our Kitchen.

So we grew up loving Heath Robinson... our children have also grown up loving Heath Robinson... and it surprises me when I meet people who have never heard of him!   

Do you know of Heath Robinson????

Labels:


Comments:
Phew! Glad you found them!
 
Yes indeed Gwil, soon Remy will be able to enjoy them just as you did when you were a child.
 
Never heard of him! One of mother's favourite saying was 'It's a wigwam for a gooses bridle' Never hear it expressed today either!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?