Saturday, November 15, 2014

 

Friendship Ring? Were you ever given one by some beautiful young man?

 David and I were watching 'Grease' last night, what fun that movie is and of course I love all the music.  I remember taking the kids to see it and they just loved it.  Seen it a few times now I have. 

That scene with Sandy and Danny in the car at a Drive-In when he's trying to take off his ring to give to Sandy and it's rather tight so when he does eventually get it off his finger...  his elbow bumps into Sandy...  So sweet but painful.  

Anyway I asked David if he'd ever given any girlfriend a Friendship Ring and he said no he was too geeky to do that and then I remembered that I had been given one when I was about 14 or 15 years old. 

The shameful thing is I cannot remember the name of this beautiful young man, I know he lived at Newport Beach and that he caught the same bus to school that I did but??? his name???  is just not coming to me.  And... I can't remember ever going out with him, I think we just chatted on the bus.

Now I am feeling really mean and dreadful because this boy made this ring for me, he made it using a 2/- piece, yes it was so long ago it was Pre-decimal currency. 

Isn't it beautiful?


 See the inside, yes it is indeed made from a 2 shilling piece.

 When I showed it to David he was most impressed especially seeing it was adjustable as well :-)


The really awful thing is that this boy asked for his ring back a few months later.

You know another awful thing... The movie 'Grease' has a lot of bullying in it, much to my shame I never noticed before, I just took it for granted which now makes me feel even more ashamed.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?