Thursday, October 23, 2014
I had a bit of a rant on Facebook today... enjoy :-)
It started with this...
Oh noooo... what have I done. I just received a phone call from the Australian Government, the caller told me that the Government wanted to give me $7,000.00. I LAUGHED OUT LOUD and asked what the Government wanted me to do for it... and the caller hung up does this mean I won't be getting my $7,000??
Then I remembered yesterday...
I had three callers yesterday, it wasn't a good day for me or them, I was in a foul mood.
The first caller was a door knock which interrupted my cooking so I answered the door with knife in my hand, the young couple were a little taken aback but asked me sweetly how I was... 'Wadda you want' was my reply... it didn't end well for them but they did leave alive and uninjured.
The next was a phone call from Microsoft telling me my computer needed... she didn't get any further... she got it... 'You are nothing but a big fat liar, take me off your list and don't ring again' said I, and hung up before she did.
The third was from some Charity that we'd donated to once before when they'd rung, I was still in a foul mood and told the guy that we have stopped donating to cold callers invading our privacy and we now only donate to those charities who don't ring us... and we hung up.
Then I felt a bit mean, I have no idea which charity he was from. You can't win can you, if you loose your block you feel mean but if you are polite you not only feel mean you feel angry as well! Then again if you have the time you can string them along and have a bit of fun... I didn't have the time or the inclination to have fun yesterday!! I wonder how long it will be before I get another cold caller!!
Oh noooo... what have I done. I just received a phone call from the Australian Government, the caller told me that the Government wanted to give me $7,000.00. I LAUGHED OUT LOUD and asked what the Government wanted me to do for it... and the caller hung up does this mean I won't be getting my $7,000??
Then I remembered yesterday...
I had three callers yesterday, it wasn't a good day for me or them, I was in a foul mood.
The first caller was a door knock which interrupted my cooking so I answered the door with knife in my hand, the young couple were a little taken aback but asked me sweetly how I was... 'Wadda you want' was my reply... it didn't end well for them but they did leave alive and uninjured.
The next was a phone call from Microsoft telling me my computer needed... she didn't get any further... she got it... 'You are nothing but a big fat liar, take me off your list and don't ring again' said I, and hung up before she did.
The third was from some Charity that we'd donated to once before when they'd rung, I was still in a foul mood and told the guy that we have stopped donating to cold callers invading our privacy and we now only donate to those charities who don't ring us... and we hung up.
Then I felt a bit mean, I have no idea which charity he was from. You can't win can you, if you loose your block you feel mean but if you are polite you not only feel mean you feel angry as well! Then again if you have the time you can string them along and have a bit of fun... I didn't have the time or the inclination to have fun yesterday!! I wonder how long it will be before I get another cold caller!!
Labels: Cold Callers
