Sunday, August 31, 2014

 

We've got SUNSHINE after 14 days of continous rain! Happiness is happening around here today...

 Beautiful Rhoddy.

Flourishing  'Wollogorang' Violets.  So Happy just looking and remembering my Mama, my Aunty Cranky, Dinny, Randy and John.

 Look at this... look at this... just look at this...  These are cuttings of a much loved Camellia that my beautiful Great Aunt Ella had in her garden at Drummoyne.  Rosie took cuttings when Ella passed on and she grew them at Newport and when she moved up North she took her beloved Camellia with her.

When Rosie passed on Gwilym dug up the Camellia and planted it here but it hasn't flowered for a couple of years now so my friend Jenny took these cuttings for me to try and continue growing Great Aunt Ella's Camellia.  I have no photos of the flowers but believe me they are massive and magnificent!   

But... look at these cuttings closely... they are shooting!!!!!   Hurray... More Happiness  :-)

I know, I know... Sunshine is like a tonic for me!   but two weeks of grey skies and rain! great for the garden but not so for the mood.

Labels:


Comments:
I agree! The sun has lifted my melancholy mood too! Hurrah!!
 
And again today... Hurray Hurray!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?