Sunday, July 27, 2014

 

Photo a Day Challenge - 27.7.2014 - Ten.


There were ten green bottles sitting on a wall,
There were ten green bottles sitting on a wall,
...and if one green bottle should accidentally..... NOOOO!

I have lots and lots more of these green bottles, mostly bigger than these but they were higher up on the wall and I couldn't reach them without getting a ladder and that might have been dangerous :-)

I bought all these bottles in England when we lived there for a couple of years in the late 1970's, I bought them from Junk Shops for almost nothing and what I tried to do was get a bottle with the name of the town we visited on it

Three of them say...
Chivers & Sons Ltd, Histon Cambridge, and on the back... The Cambridge Lemonade... but it's a tiny bottle... the one on the far right, you'd only get a sip of lemonade out of that bottle, unless it was concentrate or something.

Foster Clarke Ltd, Maidstone and on the back... Eiffel Tower Lemonade.

Weavers Mineral Water, Plumstead.

 Over the 30 odd years I've had these bottles on display on the fireplace wall, I've been asked a few times how I dust them   LOL... as you can see, dusting isn't on my agenda and never has been for these little bottles, that's more than 30 years of good protective dust on them now!









Labels: , ,


Comments:
PD, I put mine through the dishwasher when I decided to put them out on display!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?