Friday, July 18, 2014

 

Photo a Day Challenge - 18.7.2014 - Admire.

My Great Aunt Carol was born and died aged 101 years, in the same room of her home at Windsor. Carol was a funny old thing... although she wasn't trying to be!      Whenever I visited her she would ask me to tell her what I'd been doing and so on and if I told her I'd been to a party or gathering or something similar she would say,  'So were you admired?'  

How on earth do you answer that question!!

Anyway...  I went to the Sydney Quilt Show last week and was very much 'Admired'  so much so that I came home with a very swollen head!!

I was wearing the above Signatur Cardigan which I bought way back in 2005 and have worn it to several Quilt Shows in Darling Harbour with a little 'admiration' but nothing like last week... so why was last week so amazing and so full of Admiration?  Was the lighting better at the new venue?  Were the people braver?  Was I more approachable... Who knows.

It started when I went to buy my ticket, even before I'd got the money out of my purse the Ticket Seller told me she loved my cardi, had I made it?  No I bought it at the Quilt Show in 2005, said I and it cost a fortune @ $400.00...  then I dug around my neck for the label to show her...  then she asked if I would mind coming down the end of the Ticket Sellers stall to show her two friends  :-)  which I did, I offered them a touch which they took... and everyone was happy.

The 'Admiration' didn't stop, people stopped me here and there, I saw people pointing, I saw people smiling at me... I walked past the Signatur Stall but nothing they had for sale was as beautiful as my old Cardi.  (now similar Cardi's cost $600.00)

I just know my Great Aunty Carol was looking down and was pleased with all my 'Admiration'  :-)

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?